Are you honestly a VERY HARD WORKER?
Do you like to USE YOUR MIND to think creatively, rather than just do the same thing over and over again?
Do you like WORKING WITH YOUR HANDS and using power tools?
Would you like to work someplace where the BEST WORKERS, not those with the most seniority, get the most hours, best pay, and highest bonuses?
IF YOU CAN HONESTLY ANSWER "YES" TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS, WE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY.
Craters & Freighters (www.cratersandfreighters.com/dc), a rapidly growing leader in the specialty packaging/crating and freight shipping / freight forwarding industry with 67 locations nationwide, is looking to add crating/packaging specialists who are also willing learn to drive small commercial trucks (non-CDL).
Craters & Freighters ships a wide variety of large, fragile, and high-value items ranging from IT equipment to machinery to artwork, and much more. In a nutshell, we ship the really interesting stuff that most other shipping companies cannot handle safely, and the job is never the same as the day before.
We offer the opportunity to learn a trade and advance within an organization, flexible hours, and will provide full training to the right candidates. We also offer steady hours in a recession-proof industry.
- Package fragile, high-value items (warehouse based position)
- Create wood crates and custom boxes
- Perform pickups & deliveries within the Washington, DC area (non-CDL)
- Project professional image
- Highly productive and self-motivated
- Positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Experience with crating, packaging, moving or a similar background (e.g. carpenter, construction, manufacturing) is strongly preferred. If you do not have such experience, please explain how your experience would apply to the position.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Comfortable with basic math, and able to read a tape measure accurately
- Valid drivers license with relatively clean driving record
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug test
Email your resume along with salary history and requirements for immediate consideration. If you do not have a resume, email us to request an application.
Starting compensation depends on experience. We also offer quarterly bonuses, health/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a 401(k) with company match.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
To keep our employees and customers safe, we provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
This Job Is:
Company's Facebook page: