Teya Enterprises has an immediate opening for a General Clerk III position. This position provides support for the USDA NRCS office in Davenport, Washington.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the general administrative tasks as outlined below:
- Develop a working knowledge of agency software and contracting policy and procedures.
- Work with NRCS clients and technical staff by assisting with the management of program applications, program related contracts and agreements in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Assist the government in collecting and assembling cost data, reviewing program applications and contracts, processing payment application requests, and reviewing open obligations.
- Establish and maintain files and producer records. This includes but is not limited to, receiving and assembling program applications; collecting producer eligibility, vendor information, and signature authority; compiling contract documentation including, but not limited to, conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical material.
- Ensure procedural handbooks and manuals are kept current and up to date.
- Review a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous payment requests to support NRCS and general Farm Bill programs; prepares for agency signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
- Compile and review the accuracy of contract administration supporting documents from the program application process through to final payments and contract completion.
- Assist technical staff in managing program contracts. This may include, but is not limited to, annual contract reviews, documenting contract compliance, and communicating with program participants.
- Track producer eligibility processing with FSA and “other” eligibility requirements and defined by program manual. Reviews accuracy of documentation, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for agency signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
- Review and verify technical and professional materials prepared by staff specialists for format and grammatical accuracy, including interpretative materials, technical reports, memorandums, advisory notices and technical notes.
- Answer telephone calls, great visitors and sign for incoming deliveries and interact with the general public in an office setting.
- Maintain office files, manuals, handbooks and reference library, both paper and electronic, according to NRCS and department guidelines and requirements.
- Utilize a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines, to include agency specific software such as ProTracts, DMS, FA Tracker, FMMI, and locally developed Excel databases to extract information needed to develop reports related to scheduling, program tracking, and balancing of funds committed and expended.
- Provide a variety of information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and eligibility requirements, guidance on completion of required program applications, Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), and System for Award Management (SAM).
- Monitor and track commencement and expiration of agreements and assists with preparation of required paperwork.
- Perform data entry to process landowner contract documents and actions for approved contracts.
- Monitor and track commencement and expiration of contracts, contracts behind schedule, and contracts that have not completed a practice in the first year and prepares modification, termination, waiver, and annual practice reminder letters for Government signature.
- Process annual contract reviews and various internal and external audits responses.
- Prepare documents for contract appeals such as correspondence to program applicants and contract participants for Government signature. Provides documents with open obligation audits for Government personnel review and processing. Monitor payment error rates, compiles data and provides information to Government personnel.
- Provide general administrative support to the applicable District and Resource Conservationist.
This is a Services Contract Act (SCA) position and has a Department of Labor designated prevailing wage for each County the work is performed.
The position is Full-Time (40 hours a week, Monday-Friday) in Davenport, WA and has a Non-Exempt, prevailing wage of $17.08 per hour. In addition, a $4.22 Health & Welfare Benefit is paid per hour. No overtime or weekends.
This is position supports the Government and requires successfully passing both a Background Check and Drug Screening to qualify.
Must be a US citizen to perform work on this contract.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Additional college or technical school education preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting an organization in a local, state or federal government or related office setting. One (1) year in a reception, call center or customer service environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced experience with MS suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a proficiency with computer automated software and web-based software usage.
- Must have and maintain a valid State driver license and current insurance.
- Demonstrate an ability to support customer’s needs which both reside on and offsite from the duty location. This shall include an appropriate demeanor and ability to communicate over the phone and utilizing other forms of electronic communication, including but not limited to, instant messaging, email, video-teleconferencing software.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) * Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus * The employee may occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds * Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand, type, and walk for periods of time * The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl * While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
The noise level in the environment is moderate * The environment is a typical office setting
TEYA is passionate on having a diverse workforce and committed to our policy of equal employment opportunity and treating all employees and applicants equally and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, genetics, veteran or marital status, disability status, and all other groups protected by law and promotes diversity in its workforce. TEYA takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity.
TEYA knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, and extracurricular activities. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. Our benefit offerings include: retirement plan, immediate paid sick time accrued, 10 paid holidays every calendar year, paid vacation following each annual anniversary to name a few.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.08 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The successful candidate will be required to follow office protocols including wearing a mask, social distancing, hand washing and other hygiene and sanitizing requirement.
- local, state or federal government or related office setting: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible