Two years of recent Level III NICU RN experience preferred
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
9. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
- Requires skill and flexibility in working with staff and customers, yet attention to detail and accuracy with all aspect of clinical practice.
- Demonstrates ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clinical / educational knowledge to learners (i.e., students, staff, patients and families).
- Demonstrates skills to complete the nursing competency assessment checklist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new trends and techniques in nursing.
- Demonstrates oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicates, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
- Performs an assessment process that includes age specific growth and development needs.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
DESIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider PALS certification by date of hire (RNs working in Pediatrics only)
- NRP certification within 4 weeks of hire
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to current EvergreenHealth RN's hired prior to April 1, 2014.