Job Title : MDOT Project Manager 2
Location : Lansing , MI
Duration : Long Term
Job Time : Full Time
Job Type : Contract
Minimum 6 years of experience as a Project Manager.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude
The purpose of this work request is for a Project Manager to assist in managing individual IT projects at MDOT. These projects may include large application development efforts, smaller utility development, purchase and implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, infrastructure projects, and maintenance or enhancement projects. This project manager is responsible for ensuring that projects adhere to state of Michigan standard methodologies including the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE), Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM).
This Project Manager role encompasses:
a. Work with Agency project managers to facilitate the development of project scope definitions.
b. Maintain project level budgets, set standards for project level budget data reporting, and create reports of projects level budgets. These reports will be produced for the executive level management as well as detailed level reports on an as needed basis.
c. Create project level risk and issue management plans. They will coordinate and produce project level resource reports.
d. Create and maintain a business plan and return on investment data for projects.
e. Create project presentations and progress reports on a monthly basis.
Provide senior project management for IT projects completed by DTMB on behalf of MDOT, ensuring that the work adheres to state of Michigan standard methodologies.
1. Provides recommendations for improvement of project management processes currently in use
2. Performs training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer as assigned
3. Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex projects
4. Assigns work to project team member to meet project or program objectives
5. Establishes and monitors program or project priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation.
6. Provides leadership and direction to the project team to ensure successful project completion
7. Develops and maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
8. Serves as a liaison between DTMB and MDOT customer/users concerning requests, standards, and other program and project matters.
9. Coordinates work activities by scheduling staff assignments, setting work priorities, and directing the work of assigned employees, (including contractual) in the development of new information technology systems and enhancements to existing systems.
10. Uses state of Michigan standard methodologies such as the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE), Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM) in the maintenance, development, enhancement, and deployment of information technology systems
11. Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques
12. Utilizes Agile/Scrum approach to managing projects
| Skill | Required / Desired | Amount of Experience needed | Candidate Experience
| Documented experience in successfully managing IT projects (full project lifecycle) > $2,000,000 | Required | 6+ years |
| Proven record of delivering projects on time and within budget | Required | 6+ years |
| A history of managing a project in a multi-vendor environment | Required | 6+ years |
| Experience in managing IT projects in a government environment | Required | 5+ years |
| Experience creating and managing comprehensive project plans utilizing PM flows and tools | Required | 5+ years |
| Experience performing scope management for projects, including a disciplined change control | Required | 5+ years |
| Experience performing issues management across multiple Departments | Required | 5+ years |
| Experience creating and executing Implementation plans | Required | 5+ years |
| Experience in delivering excellent verbal and written communication with clients and technical | Required | 3+ years |
| Preference will be given to candidates with PMP or other certification | Required | 3+ years |
| Experience managing IT development projects using Agile/Scrum methodology | Required | 3+ years |
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $70.00 to $80.00 /hour