Full Time / Part Time Part Time Job Type Staff Reports To Head Football Coach Position Summary
This position reports to the Head Football Coach and is responsible to assist in all phases of the University’s D1 FCS football program.
Bryant University is a NCAA Division I program, sponsoring 25 varsity sports, and is a member of the America East and Big South Conferences.
- Effectively assist in coaching a competitive football program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, Big South conference, and institutional rules and regulations;
- Effectively assist in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the men’s athletic program, and effectively promoting Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students;
- Ensuring that players associated with the football program are eligible under NCAA and Big South conference regulations;
- Assist the Head Coach in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and on-campus tryouts;
- Effectively monitoring student athlete academic progress; referring or counseling where appropriate, and motivating the athlete;
- Establishing and maintaining good personal relationships with student athletes, parents, staff, guidance counselors, the Community and the media;
- Developing and overseeing an electronic system to ensure accurate and timely equipment inventory, repair, replacement, issue and retrieval; coordinating various activities involved in scheduling facilities and events;
- Effectively recruiting, hiring, evaluating and motivating student assistants, ensuring that hiring and supervisor practices are in compliance with the spirit and intent of EEO/AA and other policies contained within the University’s employee and policy manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree and two or more years of experience coaching within an established football program, preferably at the collegiate level. Experience must include successful recruiting, coaching and counseling of student athletes . Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience motivating and supervising athletes and students, and a thorough understanding or an experience with NCAA and Big South conference rules and regulations are a plus.
The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important to oversee equipment inventory and manage facilities and events. A valid driver’s license is required for travel. This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background check and division of motor vehicles check.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to building a community of inclusive excellence.
Posting Detail Information
Applicant Special Instructions