Responsible for a variety of duties including direct patient care tasks under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse as well as non-direct patient care activities in support of unit function and the conduct of the daily Operating Room Schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for Operating Room case preparation, set-up and turn-over.
2. Prepares charts for admission, discharge, and transfer.
3. Provides sterilization and cleaning for instruments and equipment in compliance with AORN standards.
4. Provides and maintains anesthesia supplies and equipment.
5. Backs up to scheduler to schedule advanced elective surgery procedures.
6. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
7. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
- Responsible for a variety of duties including direct patient care tasks under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse as well as non-direct patient care activities in support of unit function and the conduct of the daily Operating Room Schedule.
- Required to wear surgical scrubs, hat and shoe covers. You must wear a mask over the nose and mouth in the OR suite during a procedure. Average temperature is 67F. The OR suites have varying light conditions based on procedure, light to dark.
- Must have oral and written language skills, visual and listening skills in order to communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
- Must be accountable for nursing practice, a commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Environmental and Job Hazards: Includes some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
DESIRED for the position:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Current Nursing Assistant-Certified, in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Knowledge of Principles of Asepsis.
- 6 months of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- 6 months of previous experience in Surgical Services
- Patient Scheduling and Health Unit Coordinator experience
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.