The Vice President, Behavioral Health is responsible for the day to day operations and the implementing Behavioral Health strategy for the East Region. Oversees the development and execution of policies and procedures, practices workflow, and data reporting. Maintains quality patient care and adheres to all relevant compliance/regulatory standards. Develops trust, cooperation, and collaboration with administrative, medical staff and departments across the region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees and ensures that day to day East Region Behavioral Health Operations are completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with organizational policies and values. Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work and resolves issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner. Develops and executes on short- and long-term goals for the department consistent with established hospital/organization goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with leadership teams to develop and monitor operating and capital budgets within behavioral health services. Assures financial stewardship for an assigned facility(s) in both operational and capital perspectives. Allocates financial, information, and human capital for improvement activities, ensuring efficient delivery of safe, cost-effective and efficient services to patients, physicians, and hospital departments. Evaluates operations and works with department directors and managers to ensure cost-effective service delivery.
- Leads the development of standard policies, procedures, workflows, and data reporting for Behavioral Health Services in the East Region. Oversees, and is accountable for, the execution of Corporate and local policies and procedures. Adheres to all compliance/regulatory standards.
- Works with behavioral health teams and administration at each hospital. Ensures established performance metrics of the department are met. Identifies areas for improvement and implements process improvement strategies for the hospital/region. Provides on-sight collaboration and guidance to facilities that are not meeting goals.
- Works across strategic and business units to set, engage and achieve objectives of the organization. Demonstrates the ability to critically evaluate and provide input to areas outside own area of expertise. Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing and maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale. Provides guidance and support to director/manager/supervisor/staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences, administration, business or healthcare related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in behavioral health, with at least three (3) years in a director level role.
- Inpatient, Outpatient, Geriatric Psych Experience.
- A firm grounding in principles of behavioral health administration and capable of organizing, managing, promoting, and evaluating all related services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and strategic fiscal planning.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize the task.
- Computer literacy and proficiency.
- Knowledge of all Federal, State and Local regulatory standards.
- Professional demeanor with Healthcare team.
- Masters Degree.
- Experience with Detox Patients.
Job Type: Full-time
- development and execution of policies and procedures: 5 years (Required)
- Outpatient, Geriatric Psych: 7 years (Required)
- inpatient acute care hospital behavioral health: 7 years (Required)
- Springfield, PA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement