Encore Technologies is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test for Native Apps.
If you join Encore you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. We offer an environment that celebrates innovation and helps you to achieve a good balance between your professional and personal life. We strive to be an employer of choice! Because we are a full information technology services company, we are able to offer full-time benefits to our consultants during the contract portion, which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k & paid time off (PTO).
This role will be part of the exciting new Digital customer team. This is a highly innovative team situated in our own newly remodeled Digital Customer Innovation Center in beautiful Cincinnati, Ohio. The team consists of Mobile, eCommerce and Customer facing site solutions that will provide customers with a world-class digital and mobile shopping experience. This is a new and exciting environment with a “start-up”, innovative culture and the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of digital shopping.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for being part of an Agile development team, participating in all aspect of the software development lifecycle, focusing on making the team more efficient and productive through quality software best practices. As an SDET, you will be given the opportunity to create software, as well as design/build/maintain test automation and have a direct and meaningful impact on the quality of the Digital platform.
- 5 years experience of quality assurance and testing as well as developing automation frameworks ?and automated tests
- 2 years experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with front end automated testing in Selenium Webdriver. Selenium Webdriver IO is preferred
- Experience with back end services automated testing tools such as REST Assured and Supertest
- Experience with application life cycle management tools. Atlassian Jira preferred
- Hands-on experience in setting up continuous integration (CI) build environmentsusing TeamCity, Gitlab or a comparable solution
- Hands on experience in source control with GIT
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks like J-Unit and Test NG
- Familiarity with containerization software such as Docker
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrated experience designing and architecting scalable and resilient enterprise software
- Own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution within their product team
- Responsible for design and execution of test strategies as part of an Agile scrum team
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on testability of functional requirements, product designs, and estimating/plannings
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design
- Translate user stories and requirements to test cases
- Develop and support the testing of product features throughout the entire development cycle
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks
- Uncovering issues by debugging the application through logs, stack traces and test results and continuous monitoring of systems under test
- Work closely with development teams to drive root cause analysis and feed that knowledge into automated quality processes effectively
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Collaborate with engineers in other teams to keep current on the company’s latest developments in the area of automation, learn from them and share/propose ideas
- Advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
Willingness and availability to be a part of a 24/7 production support team on a rotating basis
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.