The PWB Designer performs complex and difficult design tasks requiring the operation and application of Computer-Aided Design equipment and associated peripheral equipment. Requires extensive skill and knowledge of equipment capabilities, application techniques and design limitations. Maintains technical coordination with engineering and design staff members. Work assignments are typified by their complexity and non-routine nature where established techniques and procedures may not exist. Provides work leadership to lower level CAD users and reviews work for quality and accuracy.
- * Oversee multiple projects and maintain status records on all assigned projects and in full accordance with IPC and AS9100 quality standards and requirements.
- Examine engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, completeness, clarity and dimensional accuracy; conforms to design/drafting standards, design.
- Perform tolerance analysis as required. Implements approved changes.
- Function as checker for all documents prepared by support personnel.
- Makes accurate scale layouts of parts, assemblies, or electronic circuits for electronic units of considerable complexity, showing specification tolerances, dimensions and material to be used.
- Performs CAD Designs using the following tools:
- Mechanical/Gage/Tool Designers - Solid Edge ST6 , SOLID WORKS as required. PWB Designs – Altium, Mentor Pads 2007, DX Designer, PCB to 3D, CAM 350 others as required
- Prepares detailed drawings, and completed mechanical or electrical drawings of printed circuit (PC) board components and assemblies from notes, verbal instructions, and rough or detailed sketches for engineering or manufacturing purposes.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- Associates degree in Engineering with 5+ years of on the job PWB design experience, or 10+ years of on the job PWB design experience.
- ANSI Y14.5-82M dimensioning and tolerancing.
- PWB designers are required to have IPC CID certification or have the ability and desire to obtain one. Equivalent certifications considered.
- Working knowledge of IPC standards related to electrical symbology. IPC Class III literate.
- Working knowledge of materials and processes specific to the PWB industry.
- Experience with Rigid, Flex and Rigid Flex design requirements.
- ECAD tool experience (Altium and how to interface with MCAD & ECAD DFM tools).
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of algebra, geometry and machining technology.
- Proficiency on 2D and 3D CAE/CAD/CAM software tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and data management applications.
- Note: Federal law prohibits employers from engaging in discriminatory employment practices based on Age, Gender, Gender Identification, Race, Disability, Veteran Status, Religion and/or any other criteria not related to the ability to perform. QED Technology Resources, LLC supports and protects your right to work in a fair environment with equal pay.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /hour
- relevant: 5 years (Required)