The D.A. Collins Family of companies has brought safety, quality, and productivity to industrial, infrastructure, highway, and bridge construction for over 70 years. As a member of the D.A. Collins Companies, Jointa Lime Company is seeking a reliable and motivated individual for a full-time position as an Electrician.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper electrical functioning of plant equipment, tools and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical malfunctioning and to complete the appropriate repairs and maintenance.
Great benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a company-funded retirement plan.
Upon acceptance of offer, we will coordinate new hire paperwork and pre-employment substance abuse screening (Drug Free Employer).
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot any electrical equipment and components; including motors, controls, circuit boards, wiring, relays, and transformers
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery.
- Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings.
- Calibrate and adjust all electrical/electronic equipment according to manufacturer s specifications.
- Program, troubleshoot and monitor PLC systems and equipment control schemes.
- Ensure safe work environment in compliance with all safety policy and procedures using appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Other duties as assigned.
Perform a variety of tasks that will include having to lift heavy objects, stand for extended periods of time, stretch, walk, climb and bend under potentially adverse field conditions and be able to perform visual tasks such as backup spotting and hear and react to back up alarms, per safety protocols
- Associate's degree or completion of Technical School and Apprenticeship program or equivalent in training, experience and education.
- At least 5 years industrial experience in electrical support and maintenance functions.
- Must have been employed as an electrician or electrician apprentice within the past 18 months.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA/MSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical operations and components.
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Must possess a valid driver s license with record acceptable to company's insurance carrier and be willing to travel to other quarry sites throughout the region.
- The candidate must be willing to work overtime when required, including possible weekend and night work.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and be subject to random, post accident/incident and/or reasonable suspicion substance screening.
Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package including company paid health, dental and vision insurance with a company-funded retirement plan. Company vehicle is provided daily from the main location to travel to other company locations.