AxiCom U.S. is looking for an exceptional intern to join a fantastic team dedicated to a large, global technology company. The interns will work with our corporate media/executive communications, consumer and business products teams on a range of public relations campaigns. Specific responsibilities include supporting the agency's efforts to build and maintain relationships with major national and business media to ensure that our clients' business and products are accurately and positively portrayed; researching and writing materials such as fact sheets, captions, press releases, memos and cover letters; developing media lists and learning how to "pitch" a story to the media; and assisting with event planning and production as needed.
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements
- Create and maintain media lists
- Handle routine media inquiries
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client's business
- Handle basic research of Client's business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client's message
- Help secure media interviews
- May coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client(s)
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media and other Ad/PR agencies
- Conduct media audits and analysis when needed
- Gather and monitor/maintain editorial calendars for opportunities for clients
- Handle basic research of client's business and industry to help the agency maintain a current knowledge base
- Work under the guidance of a supervisor and may coordinate specific events and promotions for the client
- Represent client(s) at events or trade shows
- Develop/maintain vendor relationships
- Put together clip reports
- Assemble press kits and coordinate mailings
- Coordinate press conferences and event logistics
- Attend team meetings
- Proactively ask for new assignments that support your team
- General administrative duties
- Special projects, as assigned by the team
- Solid PR internship background, i.e. six months to one year of PR internships or equivalent work experience.
- Recent Bachelor's degree graduates are preferred. Student applicants need at least a B average and must have completed their junior year of undergraduate study.
- Applications are welcomed from students/graduates with a background in journalism, mass media, communications and public relations. Familiarity with AP styles a plus.
- Experience with media relations (pitching trade and business media and bloggers).
- Excellent writing, presentation (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of research tools.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $17.00 /hour
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative