About the Role
We're looking for our first Technical Sourcer to assist the Recruiting team and Engineering managers in identifying and attracting diverse talent to join the FireHydrant team. Our goal is to build FireHydrant to be a company that represents our users who live around the world and have a variety of appearances, experiences and viewpoints. This role will help us continue to live up to those values and work, in step, with hiring managers to build a team where everyone can feel included and able to do their best work.
In this role, you'll partner directly with technical leadership and existing teams to understand the needs of the business and the gaps on the teams. You'll bring your expertise in both technical hiring and building safe spaces to create and shape the current processes and hiring practices.
If you thrive on ownership and working creatively and collaboratively with teammates to make great hires, this could be the opportunity for you.
The work you'll do
- Proactively identify and engage passive candidates for Product, Design, and Engineering roles and build the funnel ensuring that we are building a diverse applicant pool
- Maintain pipeline activity and share insights with Recruiting team and Engineering leadership
- Build trusting relationships with candidates and help them understand the opportunities at FireHydrant
- Conduct market research to identify new opportunities to connect and network with qualified candidates
- Generate creative ideas to positively impact the pipeline
- Nurture a positive interview experience for all candidates (even the ones who don't get the job)
What we're looking for
- Expertise in technical sourcing and recruiting (engineering and product) - you understand how to effectively identify qualified candidates and make them feel special
- Familiarity with recruiting tools, including LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem, and Greenhouse
- The desire to make a real, measurable impact - your work will influence the growth and success of our company and product
- A strategic mindset - you want to work with hiring managers to build out a talent strategy
- An advocacy mindset - you keep yourself up to date on inclusive hiring practices and only want to work in an environment that's motivated to build a diverse workforce
We're hoping that you'll convert to a full-time member of the team, so the ideal candidate will be invested in contributing to the success of FireHydrant, have an interest in candidate experience, full-cycle recruiting, and process improvement.
FireHydrant is building the only platform focused on site reliability. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so companies can take control of their complex system, reduce downtime for their customers, and work better together. We're a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We're remote-first with employees living and working around the US while our physical headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor - we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity - information is shared openly; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. This role will be paid at an hourly contract rate of $35-50 per hour (depending on leveling) with an expectation of 30-40 hours of work per week.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $50.00 per hour