True Value Company, one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for Merchandise Handlers for our 1st shift at our Denver Distribution Center.
Scheduled Days: Monday- Friday
Scheduled Hours: 6am-2:30pm
Starting Pay Rate: $17.25 to $19.00 ** based on skills and experience
Benefits Include: Medical, Prescription Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation and Holidays and Weekly Pay
Our Merchandise Handlers performs the following tasks safely with the customer in mind:
- Loads and unloads merchandise from trailers.
- Lifts cartons and other items frequently.
- Selects and picks product for shipment to valued store members
- Matches goods received with purchase orders and/or invoices using leading edge voice pick technology.
- Ensures accuracy of all goods handled through record verification matching inventory to order numbers.
- May operate power equipment including; forklifts, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
- May use small hand tools such as RF Scanners.
- Prepare merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machines or other devices.
- Minimum 18 -years-of age
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice
- Must be able to stand for long period of time
- Ability to work all overtime hours
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day (Average 5-10 miles per day)
- Bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, kneeling and lifting are continuous essential functions of the job
- Will lift from 1-75 pounds from floor to five feet level continuously and team lift heavier items
- Normal physical agility is a must
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.25 - $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday