We are seeking a Front Office Coordinator to join our team!
Do you love working with kids? Our team genuinely loves kids, so we work hard to create a safe, comfortable and fun experience for every one that walks through our doors, including our staff members! We focus on education and prevention, but we do it all in a playful space that fosters learning. Our team makes sure healthy always comes with a big dose of happy!
If you are a strong team player and looking for growth, we would love to meet you! Our ideal candidate would be positive, energetic, friendly and a quick learner. We have great benefits, team atmosphere, paid time off, great hours and more!
Front Desk Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to handle all front desk duties for the practice. The Front Desk Coordinator must ensure that patients, parents and/or guardians are the number one priority, whether it be over the phone or in person.
- Greets the patient with a smile, and accommodates patients’ needs in a comfortable and pleasant manner.
- Checks-in patients upon arrival at the office, as well as obtains necessary financial, personal, and or medical updates. Enters all information accurately into the patients’ chart.
- Checks-out patients upon completion of the appointment, schedules the next appointment(s) as needed and provides patients with any necessary documents, including treatment plans, receipts, school excuse notes, or appointment reminder cards.
- Ensures that the procedure codes are accurately entered into the ledger and that they match the patient’s router.
- Provides patients with a high level of customer service by answering the telephone promptly, communicating in a courteous and friendly manner and addressing patients’ needs and questions.
- Schedules appointments based on the Company’s scheduling guidelines and in accordance with the Business Unit rules. Makes outbound calls to patients to confirm appointments.
- Makes sure to confirm with the parents or guardians, whether on the phone or in office, where they heard about us to enter the appropriate referral information in the patient’s chart.
- Understands insurance benefits to effectively communicate to the patient. Follows the Company policies pertaining to collections and financial protocols.
- Maintains patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensures any release of patient information is done in accordance with the Company guidelines.
- Understands how to work effectively within the office, partnering with Managers, Doctor(s), and other staff to maintain consistency and integrity within the Company.
- Travels between multiple offices as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a professional, medical, or dental environment with direct customer service is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to travel between multiple locations.
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate with a pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Effective written and verbal communication with all staff and management.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, be able to multitask and perform job duties in a timely manner.
- Strong PC skills and ability to learn and successfully use new programs as required.