We are looking for a Principal Specialist to participate on a collaborative team that supports the Corporate Accounting department in its mission to ensure that Raytheon Technologies’ financial reporting is timely, accurate and reliable. Position can be located in Waltham, MA or Farmington, CT.
As a member of the Corporate Accounting organization, responsibilities include performing various General Ledger Accounting activities including but not limited to:
- Preparation and posting of journal entries.
- Month-end accounting close process and special projects.
- Preparation of General Ledger Account Reconciliations.
- Support of Trial Balance & Balance Sheet Reviews.
- Managing corporate consolidation process and reporting
- Opportunities to support process improvements and data analytics.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance of key internal controls.
- 5+ years of related work experience (accounting or finance)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Ability to multitask and produce quality work by being well organized, accurate, efficient and timely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative with assignments
- This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience using SAP and BW or similar accounting system
- Experience working with Aerospace and Defense
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or other related Degree
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.