POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (flexible as needed)
Work Environment: Hybrid, 3 days in office, 2 days remote
STATUS: Full-time , Exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist plays a critical role in the day-to-day HR operations that promote the success, welfare, health, and well-being of employees at Total Care Services, Inc. (TCS). Key responsibilities include supporting recruitment efforts, guiding employees through on- and offboarding processes, managing employee relations and performance, and administering the employee benefits program (group health, dental, vision, short-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, 401K Flex Spending Accounts, etc.). The HR Generalist is also tasked with explaining and enforcing TCS’ policies and practices as well as governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, serving as the first point of contact in HR for disciplinary matters, terminations, and investigations. To be successful in this role, the HR Generalist should be able to demonstrate a great degree of empathy, while also being resolution and results-driven. They should also be a friendly, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to recruitment, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition, and retention.
- Prepare employees for assignments by assisting with the orientation and onboarding process.
- Assist management with performance concerns, disciplinary action, conflict management issues, terminations, and investigations; attending and participating in meetings as needed.
- Manage the separation process, including preparing Separation PAF and Separation Notification, sending acceptance of resignation notices, scheduling return of equipment, etc.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews; summarizing findings and discussing trends and concerns with management.
- Act as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Prepare reports to communicate information about employee concerns and comments and organizational actions taken; keeping Director of Human Resources and Learning + Development and other key stakeholders informed on trends, risks, or more serious issues.
- Calculate, track, and analyze trends across key performance indicators, such as turnover and retention rate, and recommend strategies to improve results.
- Explain TCS’ compensation, group benefit programs, and leave-of-absence policies, conducting presentations, trainings, meetings, and providing communication as needed to ensure employees are kept up-to-date and educated on all available benefits and options.
- Support enrollment in benefits programs by answering any questions and helping new and existing employees resolve benefits-related issues in a timely manner.
- Provide training and support regarding employee benefits and compensation programs at TCS to other HR and Program staff as needed.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Collaborate with the Development Department to develop communication tools to enhance understanding of TCS’ benefits package and to design and distribute materials for benefits orientation, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, employee benefits, and employment law.
- Support career development and internal recruiting efforts within the organization.
- Assist with the organization of company initiatives associated with wellness, including events and employee recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following competencies are integral to success in this role:
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of HR best practices in recruitment, employee benefits administration, employee relations, on- and offboarding; and possess the skills necessary to employ and retain the best employees.
- Working knowledge – Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable federal, state, and local laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies which affect employee benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, and retention in performing his/her duties. This includes knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, such as ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Social Security, EEO, and DOL requirements.
- Applied Competencies – Effective communication skills, including phone skills and use of technology such as Skype or Zoom to conduct interviews, meetings, and presentations; employment law; and professional judgment.
- Computer Skills – Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with HRIS, benefits databases, and talent management systems; experience coordinating and managing HR tasks using virtual platforms preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to listen, counsel, negotiate, and resolve conflicts in a calm manner.
- Oral Communication – Ability to interpret information and communicate that information to candidates, employees, and management.
- Written Communication – Able to write effective business communication internally and externally.
- Judgment – Ability to make ethical decisions which comply with TCS Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations and adhere to all requirements and updates as they are made, refraining from personal and professional activities which may result in a Conflict of Interest and/or negatively impact the organization.
- Professionalism – Maintain employee confidentiality and workplace privacy. Approach others in a tactful manner; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; and accept responsibility for own actions.
- Quality Management – Promote quality and positive values of Total Care Services, Inc. by “following up and following through”; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Leadership –Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to meet and exceed performance goals; influence actions to create a positive work environment; accept feedback from others; and recognize the contributions of others.
- Teamwork –Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views, give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Delegation – When required, effectively delegate work assignments; set expectations, monitor delegated activities, and provide recognition for achieving expected results.
- Time Management –Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- This work is performed in primarily in a virtual or office setting.
- The work for the most part is sedentary; must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Reaching, pulling, pushing, and bending, walking up and down stairs.
- Must maintain access to reliable, high-speed internet connection to perform remote work.
- Office equipment must be used only for TCS job functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Three or more years of relevant experience in human resources, employee relations, or employee benefits administration in a nonprofit organization.
- Must be a US citizen or alien who is lawfully authorized to work in the US.
- Must be able to work 8:30 am - 5:00 pm M-F, flexibility as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management and personnel.
- Experience with auditing and maintenance of HRIS software platforms. Onboarding/Setup experience with HRIS software platforms a plus.
- Experience with maintaining secure electronic records within a human resources department using software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations a plus.
Total Care Services, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and to compliance with federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination. Total Care Services, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Please submit Cover Letter & Resume to: recruitment @ totalcare1.com
Subject Line: Human Resources Generalist
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All candidates are required to be up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations as defined by the CDC. Total Care Services, Inc. COVID precautions include but are not limited to: increased frequency of office cleanings, use of PPE, and social distancing.
- At what phone number do you prefer to receive communication about this position?
- At what email address do you prefer to receive communication about this position?
- (nonprofit) human resources: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location