Big 5 Sporting Goods is one of America's top retailers of name brand sporting goods and accessories. With over 435 locations spread throughout 11 western states you can find a convenient location near you.
We are currently hiring Retail Management Trainees for all stores throughout the Mesa area. Contact your local store and speak with a manager for more information. Apply online at Big5.com/careers where you will select a position and store location.
- #270 Mesa - 2930 North Power Road.
- #307 Mesa 'Gilbert' 1244 South Gilbert Road.
A Management Trainee is an hourly, non-exempt position which gains knowledge and experience, required for promotion to higher management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Management Trainee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing customer sales and service.
- Directing sales and cashier associates.
- Training newly hired associates.
- Merchandising and setting promotional signage.
- Enforcement and compliance of all company policies.
- Customer service through telephone calls.
- Learning and providing product descriptions.
- Proposing add-on sales, and other duties as assigned.
- Check and retrieve merchandise from storage areas.
- Organize, restock, and clean merchandise.
- Inventory control.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- 401k and profit sharing, with Company match
- Company sponsored education assistance
- Kinecta Credit Union Membership
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Discounts from strategic partners, such as: Office Depot, Dell Computers, Brandman University (Chapman University), University of Phoenix, LA Fitness, Colorado Technical Institute and Bellevue University.
- Merchandise and recreational area discounts
- Tickets at Work
- Terrific work environment
- Sports Equipment product training
A well-defined training program will be provided to help you develop your way in our management structure. Candidates who apply to this position should be enthusiastic about our business, and ready to learn and grow with the company.
All hires must be 21 years of age or older and are subject to E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location