As a woman-owned firm with exceptional clients, Taylor Plosser Davis, Architect, is dedicated to work-life balance and is deeply committed to providing professional design services for each project, large and small. We love residential architecture, and we love that our clients want to work with us to collaborate on great design that addresses their particular needs. Our designs are contextual, tailored to the families we work with and the neighborhoods they live in. A TPD house belongs to the client, and it should beautifully tell their story.
Taylor Plosser Davis, Architect is currently interviewing candidates for the role of Architectural Designer to provide design and drafting work on a variety of projects from schematic design through construction administration.
- Preparation of plans and renderings on Revit 2019 software for all phases of construction.
- Participating on and contributing to a project team, including consultants, to provide creative solutions to complex problems, and to produce thorough and accurate project documentation.
- Working through revisions with other team members.
- Working with residential building codes and local zoning practices.
- Working with clients and contractors during design and construction to represent TPD’s commitment to client service and smart design.
- Professional degree in Architecture preferred. All candidates should have a bachelor's degree, minimum.
- Licensure preferred.
- 3-5 years experience minimum in residential architecture or construction.
- Experience creating building models and producing documentation via Revit Software required
- Experience with Google Docs/Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and schedule work in order to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills: verbal and written
Full Time/Part Time/Contract:
- Part Time with Option to transition to Full Time
- TPD offers flexible positions with the ability to work some portion of any required hours remotely. A minimum number of hours in the office are required in order for project teams to successfully complete projects for clients.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is negotiable
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Revit: 1 year (Required)
- Residential Design/Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Birmingham, AL 35223 (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: