Start your future with a new mission:
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS). As a part of the NGSS Team you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform complex, administrative duties in support of the Director, Manufacturing for the Tactical Space Systems Division. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
Keys to success include:
- Working well under pressure
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Completing requirements in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
Roles and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- The nature of the position involves exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Work is highly confidential in nature and an ability to handle information with discretion is critical.
- Interact with Division, administrative functions, and line management personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Handle calendar with precision as well as domestic travel plans.
- Initiate, research and obtain information for reports and special assignments.
- Coordinate special projects, following up on pending details, coordinating activities and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Use various PC software packages such as PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, etc., to produce high quality reports, presentations, and/or other documents.
- Contact company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information for reports, projects, meetings and events.
- Responsible for routine administrative duties:
o Coordinate staff meetings and teleconferences
o Answer telephones
o Screen calls and forward messages
o Prepare travel and expense reports
o Maintain filing system
- Answer mail, phone calls, and inquiries, routing correspondence to the appropriate person if necessary.
- Answer questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Recommend new office procedures, processes, or techniques to improve effectiveness.
- Responsible for and expected to anticipate the needs of the Director and front office in the planning of meetings, meeting prep, travel, inquiries etc.
- Administrative Assistant 3: Minimum of a High School Diploma with a minimum of 6 years' experience to include experience supporting medium-large organizations
- US Citizenship
- Ability to independently assess priorities and work with confidential information.
- Proactive, highly motivated and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities across a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience interfacing with senior level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy.
- Computer skills required include advanced expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel), SharePoint (or equivalent), and intranet/internet proficiency.
- Experience and proficiency with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented work, without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience coordinating both on and off-site meetings and/or events.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree, preferably in business or technical related field.
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman's specific systems (Cost Point, Concur, Cognos, TipQA, Facilities requests, Budgets, etc.).
- Knowledge of NGC resources, policies, and procedures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.