Parts Associate II, Parts (Payment Coordinator)
At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won't sell a car to a
customer that we wouldn't sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate
condition, we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana
Certified 150-point inspection process, we're able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous
mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a
no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we're looking for!
About the team and position
As an Inventory Associate II in our Parts department, you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers while being held accountable for the reconciliation and recording process for
amounts due and paid to parts suppliers. The qualifying candidate must love helping people, enjoy being part of a team, and possess the drive to help achieve superior customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and
communicate with all levels of the organization at the Inspection Center
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Code transactions in the expense reporting portal.
- Resolve mismatches between vendor invoices and purchase card transactions against the order
line in the inventory management system.
- Communicate with third-party vendors on billing errors.
- Partner with the Accounting department on exception-based approval emails.
- Partner with Parts Associates on order and delivery information in the inventory management
- Assist in developing basic processes and policies to minimize the amount of mismatches
between vendor invoices and purchase card transactions.
- Maintain relationships with departments throughout the Inspection Center, HQ offices, as well
as outside vendors.
- Follow outlined procedures and complete all required documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
This position requires a minimum of 1 year of experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable.
The ideal candidate will have a high-level understanding of automotive parts fulfillment. Requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in bill coding and account reconciliation, in an
- Demonstrated knowledge of automotive parts.
- A valid Driver's License.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team setting.
- A quality-first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana's vehicle quality standards.
- Strong, consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computer systems and applications.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make decisions.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while sometimes being
exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with all departments at the
It would be great if you also had
- Experience working in the Automotive Industry or in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
The Inventory Associate II, Payment Coordinator will report to the Lead, Parts and will be an hourly
full-time position. No travel is required.
What we'll offer in return
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder
heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking,
stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and
may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles,
non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.