Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega – with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
The Public Relations Account Specialist responsible for creative planning, coordination and implementation of all aspects of promotional plans and consumer advertising campaigns to help service lines achieve budgeted volumes. The PR Account Specialist responsibilities also include the coordination of hospital publications, development of special purpose brochures, coordination of special events and health education programs, assistance with media relations, effectively maintaining the organization's brand, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a communication related field required; two-to-three years industry experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web content management. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite beneficial.
Essential Tasks and Responbilities
1. Develop and execute advertising, public relations and media relations strategy for 3 – 5 key service lines. Must handle needs of multiple service-lines simultaneously within assigned deadlines.
2. Take ideas and direction from multiple operational and clinical leaders to shape and influence strategy.
3. Develop creative concepts and work with in-house resources and outside companies to create online, video, audio, print, and other advertising, marketing and communication pieces.
4. Negotiate and buy media placements (online paid search and display campaigns, print ad space, radio spots, television commercials, etc.)
5. Write content and act as editor for publications, online content and other communication materials in accordance with assigned deadlines.
6. Coordinate media relations, including releasing patient information, in accordance with hospital policy. Write and distribute news releases and proactively pitch stories to media.
7. Coordinate speaking opportunities and health education events.
8. Keep PR Director and Manager abreast of specific issues arising within service lines which may require intervention by Director or other management.
9. Assist crisis communications or coordinate crisis communications in absence of director and manager.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega – and become Georgia’s most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals – Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs – Beckers Hospital Review
America’s Top Quality Providers – Carechex
Atlanta’s Top 150 Workplaces – Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare’s Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems – Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more.