Would you enjoy spending two weekends a month working with students from dis-advantaged settings & positively impacting their lives? Consider Relief Houseparenting at Milton Hershey School (MHS).
Relief House parents work every other weekend at MHS, caring for 8 to 12 students in campus homes. The work weekend begins at 6 p.m. on Friday and lasts until 9:30 p.m. on Sunday evening. A private apartment attached to the student home is provided while working.
Relief House parents are the alternate caregivers while full-time House parents are off duty. They oversee the students’ weekend living which includes providing healthy meals, recreational opportunities, Sunday Chapel attendance, and relaxation time. Relief House parents collaborate closely with the full-time House parents to maintain the homes’ standards and routines to ensure students’ well-being from a physical, social, emotional, and spiritual development standpoint. Relief House parents frequently interact with other MHS staff members & students’ families. There are also some administrative responsibilities.
Relief House parents may have up to two of their own children accompanying them. They are compensated $1,453.68 per weekend per couple. Meals are provided by nature of the job. Paid training is provided and required annually.
- No more than 2 dependents permitted. No pets or visitors/guests are permitted.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated success working with or volunteering with youth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and inspire.
- Organizational & multi-tasking skills in busy and dynamic environments.
- Crisis response skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Driving records in good standing & willing to learn to regularly drive students in 10 passenger vans.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are expected to be role models for students.
- U.S. work authorization.
Please note the selection process includes on-line applications, phone screens, on-campus interview, reference checks, in-depth background checks & medical clearances (including a 50 lbs. lift test).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $1,453.00 per week
Work Location: One location