Unicep Packaging is opening a Validation Internship to give a recent college graduate some on the job experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have the any of the following educational background: chemistry/ biology/ environmental science/ engineering or related discipline. Attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to follow direction, responsibility, ability to work independently, and dependability are key characteristics that we are searching for. Must be comfortable in a laboratory environment.
Hours: 8am - 4:30pm Monday- Friday for up to six months.
Occasional travel to Unicep's Sandpoint, Idaho location will be a requirement of this job.
- College lab experience
- Documentation generation
- Data analysis
- Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
Objective: The Validation Intern will assist the Validation Specialist and the Calibration Specialist in developing and implementing protocols to validate, calibrate, and qualify equipment and processes for the company, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Assist in designing and drafting validation protocols for processes and equipment.
- Assist in the creation of draft validation protocols.
- Help execute validation documents.
- Assist with laboratory testing required for validation protocols.
- Write draft reports based on data gathered during execution of validation documents.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Regular attendance.
- All other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Scientific Method.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to perform basic statistical calculations and analysis.
- Familiar with Chemistry, Microbiology, or Engineering terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation and reporting.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Required to sit for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Frequently required to walk and stand.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fine motor control to grasp small objects.
- Vision includes close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes