This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position may require some weekend work.
The SQL Developer is responsible for guiding the Development Team in best SQL coding practices, and assisting the Systems team in streamlining SQL databases. The incumbent establishes, develops and maintains positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Provide technical and operational database administration assistance for MS SQL Server in Development, Test and Production environments to the Systems team. Expert resource for the Systems team, who manages the SQL Server environment.
- Support multiple servers and multiple databases for high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
- Create and maintain scripts and documentation for all aspects of administration including database design, implementation, data scrubbing, encryption, disaster recovery, and participate in disaster recovery process.
- Backup and Recovery - Develop/Enhance a backup strategy taking into account recovery times to meet availability requirements.
- Assist managing and supporting ProfitWizard OLAP cubes utilizing SSAS.
- Provide troubleshooting for SQL Server service outages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor production environment and identify performance bottlenecks. Collaborate with development team to improve data structures and underlying processes (SP, Functions etc.) eliminating bottlenecks.
- Perform system optimization and improvement planning, including, but not limited to, SQL Server database performance monitoring and analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance and tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Perform code reviews, identify potential issues to reduce technical debt and provide coding best practice recommendations.
- Provide technical support and share SQL expertise with developers.
- Work with Dev team to develop, implement, and monitor standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability.
- Data Movement/Warehousing - Develop processes to efficiently move data between systems. Take a lead role in an effort to design and develop a data warehouse environment housing archived data.
- Develop new and optimize existing SP's, functions, views and scheduled jobs.
- Provide accurate status updates on project tasks and prioritized assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
- Most of the duties are varied and regularly require analysis, comprehension or limited judgement and discretion. Some of the duties may not conform to standard practices requiring the use of the analysis and interpretation to resolve problems.
- Requires the use of mathematical skills occasionally or about 1/3 of the time.
- Requires continuous concentration, alertness and attention to detail.
- Requires an intermediate level of reading and writing.
LIGHT (Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds).
- Bachelor's degree and three or more years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server developer with significant SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 production experience. One year of experience as a DBA.
- Experience with SSAS and OLAP cube design.
- Expert working knowledge of the SQL language.
- Solid experience with Performance Monitor, DMV's, Profiler and other tools to find other areas that need tweaking.
- Experience with logical and physical database design.
- Experience with SQL database development and working with developers in web-based environment.
- Hands on knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence offering of products - Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration Services.
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- A highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-first IT environment.
- Interpersonal skills - cooperative, courteous, flexible and good natured.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under company deadlines.
- Ability to operate computer hardware and to work with software applications.
- Effective work skills - conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and judgments.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships and deal with employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and commitment to meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals.
- Passion for problem solving.