Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center
Position Title: Volunteer Program Assistant
Essential Functions: We are seeking a self-motivated Volunteer Program Assistant to join our team. The Volunteer Program Assistant will play a crucial role in building a robust program by collaborating on the recruitment, education, coordination, oversight, and recognition of volunteers while providing an experience that is positive, productive and inclusive. All duties will be shared between three individuals and specific responsibilities will be assigned with the expectation they can assist or fill in for the other.
S/he builds relationships with staff in all departments, volunteers, participants, donors and caregivers. As a member of the Volunteer Department, s/he will report to the Director of Volunteer Involvement.
Job Type: Part-time, at approximately 20 – 25 hours per week, and $13.50 per hour.
Major Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit substitutes over the phone and via email for the arena to ensure enough volunteers for mounted arena class; Maintain and update substitute list and keep schedules up to date.
- Leverage the potential and maintain the integrity of Salesforce to improve volunteer recruitment, tracking, and communication.
- Maintain communication with prospective and current volunteers (including volunteer “no-shows”) via social media, emails through Outlook, Salesforce and/or Constant Contact.
- Inventory and maintain supplies for volunteer use in tack barn and for trainings.
- Assist with screening volunteers, including the review and preparation of volunteer applications, developing volunteer files, and assisting with volunteer Orientations and Program Volunteer
- Assist with planning and implementation of volunteer recognition events, as well as creating
Volunteer Spotlight and Staff features once a month.
- Follow up with volunteer reference requests and service history verification.
- Assist with outreach to recruit new volunteers, including creating/maintaining online accounts and social media postings, tabling at community events and volunteer fairs, and creating new corporate and educational partnerships. Oversee Speaker’s Bureau volunteers.
- Serve as a resource for other departments as needed, including special event support.
Qualifications and Requirements
- People person who values and celebrates the role of volunteers.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail; ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and contributes creative ideas.
- Proficient in MS Office and social media.
- Preferred experience with Salesforce, Survey Monkey, and Constant Contact (or ability to learn).
- Team player, who is dependable and flexible.
- Comfortable working independently and being self-motivated.
- Maintains confidentiality of volunteers, clients, donors and staff in compliance with HIPAA and
Little Bit policies and procedures.
- Requires frequently walking around the property, both indoors and outside, with potential exposure to inclement weather and minor physical exertion.
- U.S. citizen or valid resident/work permit.
- Must pass a Washington State Criminal History background check.
Little Bit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submita cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Part-time
- administrative: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift