- Currently hold a valid and active driver’s license
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Able to work 40 hours/week and overtime as required
- Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
Are you ready to drive trucks and solve transportation mysteries? As a Yard Specialist, you will be a vital member of Amazon’s Transportation Operations Management team. Yard Specialists drive terminal tractors, communicate with carriers and control the accuracy of Amazon Fulfillment and Sortation Center trailer yards.
Things to know about working in an Amazon Trailer Yard:
- We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch, provide safety tips, and recognize each other for working safely.
- We have a relaxed, casual dress code (as long as your attire meets our safety requirements).
- As a Yard Specialist you will:
- Correspond with multiple shipping companies and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of shipping systems, requirements, rules, and obligations to support yard organization and minimize delays.
- Conduct daily coordination with fulfillment center operations departments, transportation peers, and carriers to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the trailer yard through meticulous attention to detail and daily yard audits.
- Consolidate data from multiple sources to support daily workflow and business needs.
- Operate a spotter truck, moving trailers between trailer yard and dock doors, and logging all trailer moves to maintain accurate yard inventory.
- These are the essential physical functions of the position to be performed with or without accommodation:
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach below the waist and above the head
- Climb in and out of the spotter truck numerous times per day; hooking and unhooking trailers
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1. Relocation assistance is not provided. For consideration, a resume must be uploaded to your profile!
Related Military Occupational Specialties:
- 2+ years commercial driving experience in a vehicle of similar size, weight, and controls as a terminal tractor and proficiency in backing trailers into dock doors and parking slips
- An existing Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the ability to obtain a CDL
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members
- A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors
Army Career Field 88 (88M Motor Transport Operator, 88N Transportation Management Coordinator, etc.), 3531 Marine Corps Motor Vehicle Operator, EO Navy Equipment Operator and 2T1 Air Force Vehicle Operator.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age