The Case Manager will provide case management and employment support to newly arriving Ukrainian Parolees being received and serviced by LSSNCA. Under the guidance of the Resettlement Manager, the Case Manager will assist Ukrainians in finding suitable housing, providing referrals to services, and ensuring that they are connected to the means of ongoing support for self and family. The Case Manager will work closely with the Refugee and Immigrant Services Team to educate Ukrainians with an emphasis on informing them of their rights in the United States. The objective of the Case Manager is to ease the transition, empower the client, and put him/her on the path to self-sufficiency.
- Assist in finding suitable and affordable housing and setting up the apartment with the support of the Logistics Coordinator.
- Contact area service providers through mailings, phone inquiries, and person-to-person meetings to provide them program information and to inquire about available services. Make referrals as appropriate.
- Assist eligible clients in accessing legal services to apply for Employment Authorization documents and adjustment of status.
- Assist in conducting intakes and completing needs assessments. Assist enrolled clients in developing service plans for achieving employment and self-sufficiency.
- Take clients to initial meetings to assist with connecting to the necessary community resources.
- Provide cultural orientation to newly arriving families as part of the adjustment process, with an emphasis on educating them on their rights as humanitarian parolees.
- Assist in guiding and acting as client advocate in locating mental health and medical resources, including vaccination within the required deadline.
- As appropriate, request and client emergency assistance checks.
- Complete documentation of all meetings with and work related to clients thoroughly and in a timely manner. Use appropriate forms and policies as directed by the Resettlement Manager
- File all documentation in the appropriate client or program file;
- Work as part of the program team, and participate in staff meetings, and in-service trainings;
Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.19 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations