Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for a Branch Manager in the Cincinnati, OH area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Whether you are taking your first step or your next step, you’ll find that a career at Koorsen Fire & Security is a rewarding, exciting, empowering, friendly, and inspiring time. While the Koorsen Fire & Security family has grown by leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in 1946, it is still very much a family. Join the family today and help us continue to grow stronger and better every day.
Primarily a branch level operations management position responsible for branch strategic planning, financial planning/maintenance, sales function oversight, associate management and support, and overseeing all general operations in a manner that will ensure future branch growth and profitability. Due to branch size and limited resources, incumbents typically must also perform sales, service management, and technical inspection and/or service roles on a regular basis
- Facilitate proper communication of information updates between Corporate Office and Branch associates
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of company policies and procedures, enforcing guidelines, and applying them to daily branch activities
- Review financial performance and profitability of the branch via accounts payable and accounts receivable reports, and make adjustments or corrections as needed
- Challenge the status quo by facilitating process and performance improvement initiatives within the branch, working closely with branch associates at all levels to identify branch strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Ensure all branch facilities are properly maintained, clean, and up to code
- Provide general associate office and field support when needed to ensure associate success
- Oversee and aid in management of branch facilities and vehicle fleet maintenance, researching options and requesting vendor quotes when necessary
- Maintain personal compliance with all Koorsen policies and core values, setting a good example for branch associates
- Review sales reports, call logs, proposals, pricing, service agreements, GPS reports, expense reports, commission sheets, timecards, and schedules to ensure accuracy & efficiency
- Make daily branch general operations decisions, working closely with all branch associates to make strong, sound decisions
- Maintain an open line of communication with corporate support teams, senior management, and district management regarding the performance of the branch as well as its associates
- Ensure branch compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Ride along with branch associates on a regular basis to remain in touch with field and sales associate challenges.
- Ensure man hours are being managed and utilized in an efficient manner to ensure efficient use of payroll dollars.
- Provide oversight to sales team, working closely with them to ensure sales and territory development goals are being met
- Supervise all branch associates in a professional, supportive, and efficient manner that will assure associate success
- Ensure that all branch associates are performing their duties in a safe manner with the proper equipment.
- Maintain an open-door policy in which associates can comfortably bring issues to management
- Oversee branch staff levels, hiring as business dictates to properly support Koorsen customers and complete work orders
- Oversee and help facilitate effective associate training, following up with department managers and associates to ensure training is done properly, and addressing any training needs in a timely manner
- Perform management and associate performance reviews as well as facilitate a process of constant associate performance improvement
- Maintain and develop sales territory, generating leads via cold calls, warm calls, site surveys and generate
- Communicate with customers and associates of Koorsen Fire & Security regarding problems that may arise and pursue a proper resolution to those problems
- Perform quality control audits to ensure that customers are being properly taken care of.
- Perform customer site surveys and generate sales/service quotes
- Follow up on with customers and sell services to correct deficiencies that have been identified.
- Following up on leads, meeting with customers, explaining company products and services, and selling services to customers in a professional and timely manner
- Seek customer feedback on a continuous basis to ensure they are satisfied with company services
- Perform high quality and professional sales presentations to potential customers, promoting Koorsen products & services
- Knowledge of fire suppression, alarm, extinguisher, and sprinkler systems inspections as needed
- Assist technicians to provide field inspection, service, and systems installation support as needed
- Work with senior management team to plan annual budget along with sales projections
- Ensure that branch operations run in an effective and efficient manner that will support branch profitability
- Generate and review operations and financial reports, ensuring that the branch maintains profitability
- Facilitate free-flow of ideas for improvement between management and associates
- Hold monthly branch update and safety meetings to ensure all branch associates are aware of branch performance & changes
- Coordinate and manage bi-weekly or monthly meetings with branch management staff to ensure knowledge, communication, and improvement within the branch
- Follow Koorsen Policies and Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Management, District Management, or Corporate Management in a timely manner
Knowledge, Education, Licensing, and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
- 5-7 years of experience in Operations and/or Business Management, organizational growth, and process improvement is required
- Minimum of 3 years of sales and territory development experience is required, and must possess knowledge of both inside and outside sales processes and best practices.
- Proven track record of successful branch management within a service industry is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Operations, and/or Business Administration is preferred.
- 3 years of sales experience within a service industry is highly preferred
Skill and Ability Requirements
Physical Requirements & Exposures:
- Must possess strong, customer service oriented, interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong mathematical skills
- Must possess strong business level analytical and process improvement skills involving personnel management, operations, and finance
- Must possess strong computer skills and have the ability to effectively use Internet and Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have ability to sell and promote products of Koorsen Fire & Security effectively
- Must be able to exercise effective time management skills (prioritize, work on a time line)
- Must be able to understand and interpret NFPA codes and standards as needed
- Must possess strong and professional sales presentation skills
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude and skill set
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
- Must be able to lift and carry greater than 50 pounds
- Must be able to push and pull minimum of 75 pounds
- Must be able to effectively use computer, adding machine, and telephone
- Must be able to climb a ladder safely and reach a height of at least 12 feet
- Constant (5-8 hours/shift) talking, heavy work, and balancing
- Frequently (2-5 hours/shift) sitting, grasping and handing objects
- Occasionally (Up to 2 hours/shift) standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling and stooping, crouching, reaching, and exposure to weather
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status. Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act. E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish. Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.