Public Relations Specialist

Lexington Regional Health Center - Lexington, NE (30+ days ago)

Apply Now

Overview

Title: Public Relations Coordinator

Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Public Relations

Department: Marketing

FLSA Status: Non-Exempt

Working conditions

Works in a normal office work environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.

Worker’s days vary significantly depending on if there are events to attend to that day or not. If no events are scheduled, worker spends up to 6 hours/day completing various desk work, taking up to 75% of work time. The other 2 hours, or 25% of work time, is spent away from the desk, such as preparing for an event for marketing.

Worker will retrieve own supplies, such as transporting paper from materials management to office approximately 150 feet. Worker may transport up to 3 reams of paper, weighing 15 pounds. Occasionally, more paper is required and worker will transport up to 9 reams, or 45 pounds in weight, to office the same 150 feet; if a push cart is used, it will require 20 horizontal pounds for transporting the 9 reams.

Event preparation requires transporting a 30 pound grey plastic tote that is full of supplies up to 100 feet in distance. Worker may also use boxes to help transport extra equipment, weighing up to 12 pounds the same 100 feet in distance. Worker does have to stock shelves to include the supplies used at events; shelf height ranges from 33 inches to 71 inches high, up to 5 pounds in supply weight.

Management responsibilities

None
Responsibilities

Principle duties and responsibilities

Works with Director of Marketing and Public Relations on media placements (print, radio, digital, outdoor, TV and social media).

Works with department directors to ensure marketing efforts are meeting department needs and meeting the hospital’s overall strategic goals.

Works with Director of Marketing and Public Relations to update hospital's social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

Updates website content on the hospital's website.

Assists with news releases, articles, social media content, website content and other writing projects.

Works with Director of Marketing and Public Relations Assists with flyers, public education and planning.

Works closely with hospital departments to develop informational materials (flyers, brochures, handouts).

Serves on various committees as assigned.

Maintains patient and staff safety through the use of patient safety tools (Teamstepps, Just Culture, etc.).

Regular attendance at the assigned work location is required.

Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications

Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities

Understand, analyze, plan and implement marketing tactics while being budget conscious as is typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications.

Analytical skills necessary to develop marketing and public relations plans to accomplish hospital goals.

Basic Life Support certification via American Heart Association required within six months of hire.

Must be proficient in the InDesign/Photoshop programs (or similar software design programs).

Advanced communication skills are needed to work with media partners, vendors and other professionals.

Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to protected and sensitive information.

Ability to complete reports and correspondence at a professional level.

Ability to immediately respond to common inquiries and complaints from patients, employees and regulatory agencies.

Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.