Philadelphia Macaroni Company has immediate openings for Production Workers to join our Processing and Packaging departments at our Spokane, WA pasta manufacturing facility.
Ideal candidates will be team-players with a positive, can-do attitude and who love manufacturing.
Great opportunity to use your talents and make a difference in taking us to the next level of performance!
We are a 105 year old family-owned Company that manufactures dry and IQF pasta and noodles. Our pasta-making expertise and product innovations have been utilized by nearly every major food marketer in the United States, Canada and across the globe.
Come explore a career with us!
Summary of Duties:
- Sets up and operates equipment that mixes and/or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of pasta products.
- Operates and monitors pasta processing equipment and raw material handling systems.
- Packs products as required by customer and company specifications.
- Place pasta dies or other equipment on carts to transfer them to the next stage of processing.
- Housekeeping, Product Changeover and Sanitation duties
- Other duties as assigned by Lead or Manager
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing (factory setting) environment required
- 1 year of experience in a food manufacturing (factory setting) environment preferred
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English in order to understand and follow company policies, GMP, Food Safety,OHSA Safety regulations and SOP/SSOPs
- Mechanical experience or aptitude is a plus
- Must be able to work any day and/or shift including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 60 lbs., shovel 35 lbs., and pull/ push 2000 lbs. with material handling equipment
- While performing the duties of these jobs, employees must have the ability to endure extensive walking, standing, climbing steps and ladders, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, push /pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms 2/3’s of the time
- Must be able to work in a hot, humid work environment throughout the shift
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Must be familiar with computers
- Must be able to communicate and work in a team environment
Hourly rate starts at $13.53 and goes up to $15.92 once qualified.
Our company offers a competitive package including vacation, paid holidays, bonus based on performance, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance and voluntary STD, LTD, and life insurance benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.53 to $15.92 /hour
- Food Manufacturing (factory setting): 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing (factory setting): 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off