The Executive Assistant’s responsibility is to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in a timely, personalized and professional manner. The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and work independently on various projects, from conception to completion.
The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion, well-organized, have great time management skills, take the initiative and work with minimal guidance.
- Act as the point of contact between the CEO and executive, employees, clients and partners.
- Manage the CEO’s schedule and ensure it is followed and respected. Schedule appointments and meetings. Manage, maintain and update the CEO and executives’ calendars.
- Keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Prepare the CEO for internal and external meetings (agendas, documents, briefings).
- Compose, edit and prepare correspondence such as letters, emails, etc.
- Follow up on contacts on behalf of the CEO and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Attend meetings (internal & external) with the CEO when needed and take minutes.
- Research and follow up on issues and concerns addressed to the CEO. Work closely with them to determine appropriate course of action or response.
- Manage and follow up on assignments, projects and requested appointments.
- Schedule, lead and manage events such as luncheons.
- Manage and complete monthly expense reports in SAP Concur.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepare itineraries and plan logistics.
- Perform general administrative duties such as backing up phone calls for the office, organizing, etc.
- Handle personal matters as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives or similar role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a fast pace environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively takes the initiative and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Social Media.
- Manage tasks using independent judgment and initiative.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- PA diploma or certification is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- McLean, VA 22102 (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19