Working under department management, works in partnership with the RN Case Manager and other health care professionals to ensure continuity and coordination of care for patients and families. Provides consultation to patients / families regarding social, environmental, psychological, financial and cultural factors related to illness and hospitalization supports continuity in care management, and organizes all aspects of discharge planning.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assumes daily case load of select population to provide clinical social work services to patients and families.
2. Demonstrates working knowledge of common diagnosis related to select population.
3. Incorporates psychosocial needs of the patient within the framework developmental stage, age, functional abilities, cultural context and support system.
4. Assessment, intervention, care-planning and evaluation include identification of support system and resources, barriers to care/care progression, discharge coordination, referral and resources, psychosocial services.
5. Provides psychosocial and behavioral health support for complex patient and family needs: acute crisis intervention, drug and alcohol screens, grief and bereavement services, domestic violence, abuse/neglect, and support to individuals or groups as referred or identified.
6. Proactively manages care progression of patients to the appropriate level of care, recommends changes in plan as needed to promote enhanced outcomes.
7. Acts as patient advocate by empowering patient and family to participate in their care as appropriate.
8. Functions as a liaison of communication and collaboration for the entire healthcare team including patient and family.
9. In collaboration with RN case manager, provides interventions to support clinical satisfaction, financial and compliance related outcomes.
10. Assists patients and families to adjust and cope with changes related to illness and/or disability or functional decline.
11. Exercises fiscal stewardship and acts as a role model for efficient and appropriate utilization of resources.
12. Serves as a lead for legal, guardianship, decision making and self-determination issues.
13. Seen as a leader in the interdisciplinary team in determining goals of care and discharge as well as identifying and addressing barriers to care progression.
14. Demonstrates ability to engage in complex clinical decision making and multi-tasking.
15. Completes and disseminates necessary legal and clinical documentation.
16. Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing revision of quality, safety, and fiscal initiatives to improve outcomes.
17. Responds to emergent patient crisis situations, collaborates with lead and escalates appropriately to Mgr/Dir.
18. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
19. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
- Most job functions are performed in a sitting position conversing with patients and staff face-to-face, and some while speaking on the telephone.
DESIRED for the position:
- Master's degree in Social Work
- One of the following credentials is required:
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW)
- Social Worker Associate- need to obtain full licensure in one of the above two categories– within 4 years of hire
- If hired prior to January 2012 may be a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- 2 – 3 years of social work experience in a hospital setting preferred or community setting
- Age-specific or behavior-specific knowledge and experience in working with specific patient populations (i.e., children, elderly, those with emotional / behavioral dysfunction) relevant to area of assignment.
- Oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to effectively communicate ensure, and provide for patient needs, and to provide a legal record of this care.
- Accountability for professional practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- 2 years of experience working in a hospital setting
- Case Management or other Certification
Competitive base hourly wage rate based on past experience plus evening, night and weekend shift differentials. Also, per diem employees in this position receive an additional 15% added to their base hourly wage rate.
**This position is eligible for a 15% per diem premium**
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.