Provides treatment programs designed to return patients to their optimum functional level on the Rehabilitation Services and Inpatient units in coordination with other team members. Supervision must be performed by a registered Occupational Therapist (OTR) on a weekly basis.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Carries out the treatment plan established by an OTR and notifies OTR of changes in resident's condition or needs.
2. Provides occupational therapy intervention based on the individualized treatment plan and established priorities. This may require the ability to move or transfer residents weighing in excess of 200 pounds. Assumes responsibility for initiating changes in procedure and techniques as it relates to individual needs of the resident.
3. Intervention may include the need to design, fabricate, select, and fit prosthetic, orthotic and self-help devices, per treatment plan of OTR.
4. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
5. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
- COTA performs the job duties according to guidelines established by Washington State.
- Knowledge of special needs of residents form young to geriatric ages. Responsible for the needs associated with these groups.
- Defines problematic issues with clarify and problem solves in an effective manner.
- Excellent communication skills for conferring with physician residents, family members, other team members and community resources.
DESIRED for the position:
- Registered Occupational Therapy Assistant in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- 2 years in acute care and/or rehabilitation center experience
- Membership in a professional organization
- Certification in area of specialty